Guidecraft makes several different dress up storage units – today in our “Top 12 Kids Dress Up Storage Units” series we’ll take a deeper look at the Guidecraft Dress Up Storage Center (white or espresso).
What is it?
The Guidecraft Dress Up Storage Center (G89099) is a child-sized dress up clothes storage unit. There is a wooden dowel for hanging costumes, sturdy hooks, three lower storage bins, a top storage tray and an attached acrylic mirror. It’s a great space to store all of your child’s costumes, jewelry, shoes and dramatic play items.
Dress up storage centers have two central jobs: 1) Organize your child’s dress up clothes and accessories, and 2) All for easy access and smart presentation of those items during dress up play time. Does this storage unit meet the requirements well? How does it compare to other units? Let’s take a look!
(As an Amazon Associate I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases made through links on this page, at no additional cost to you. Full Disclosure.)
General Product Details
Guidecraft Dress Up Storage Center (White or Espresso)
- Average (current) Customer Rating:
- Size, Assembled: 36″W x 24″D x 42″H
- Weight, Assembled: 50.5 pounds
- Price Range: $$$ (Click to see current best price. Varies by color and vendor availability.)
- Recommended Ages: 2+
- Storage Unit Crafted Of: Birch plywood and solid wood – has a child-safe polyurethane finish and acrylic mirror. Easy to clean.
- Bins: 3 bins included, each 11″W x 11.5″D x 5″H , constructed of fabric
- Instructions for Assembly: Step-by-step pictoral instructions included.
- What is Included: The storage unit, the mirror, three fabric storage bins, no costumes or accessories
- Available Colors: White, Espresso (also called Chocolate)
Let’s Dig Deeper!
Size: 36″W x 24″D x 42″H Your furniture footprint here is 2 feet by 3 feet. It’s not a huge unit, by any means… which depending on your needs could be a pro and a con. If your child has a LOT of dress up clothes and accessories, you might want to find something a bit bigger. Note that the height available for the gowns from the dowel to the lower shelf is 28″… reviewers say that costumes sized 4T are already hitting the bottom and then some.
The Mirror: The mirror is shatter-proof acrylic, not “real mirror”. It comes attached to one of the end pieces of wood. The two ends are identical, so you can choose on which side of the unit you put the mirror.
Pros and Cons
Pros: In general, this is a great choice for a little girl’s dress up clothes and gear. It’s a stylish and cute piece of playroom furniture! There is adequate space for lots of costumes, a spacious tray on top for hats and other larger gear, and the 3 (included!) bins below are perfect for jewelry, shoes, and more. It’s sturdy and great for lots of kids dress up play time.
Cons: In general, the reviews regarding the quality and ease of assembly are more on the negative side than the on the positive. The space available for dresses when hung, height-wise, isn’t great for taller children’s costumes, if you mind having costumes bunching on the ground.
Overall, I’d rate this unit 3 stars out of 5 stars – I’d recommend taking a look at the Guidecraft See And Store Dress Up Center before making any decisions.
Do You Want This Product – or More Information?
I’ve looked at multiple places online, and the best price you can find for the Guidecraft Dress Up Center White or Espresso is at Amazon.com. There, you’ll also find lots of reviews straight from people who have purchased it already.
Any questions or comments? I’d love to help you out if I can – feel free to comment below.
Be sure to check out our other posts about dress up storage if this unit doesn’t appeal to you. There are many other dress up storage ideas that are cute and practical!
- Girls Dress Up Trunks Top Picks! Fun and Feminine Options She’ll Love!
- Dress Up Trunks For Little Girls: Is Cute Or Practical A Better Choice?
- Top 12 Kids Dress Up Storage Units